Site Use Disclaimer
Many areas on the 40th General Council website contain links to other websites. These links are intended to complement material on our website.
While we try to ensure that these links are in working order, we cannot be responsible for controlling the availability, accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of the information on other websites. As well, the decision to include a specific link is not intended to be an endorsement of its content or of its owner. The United Church of Canada also assumes no responsibility for any consequences arising from the use of or reliance on such information. Parents or guardians are responsible for their children's use of these resources.
General Criteria Used for the Selection of Internet Links
Authority and Accuracy Criteria
- A document's author/producer is clearly identified.
- Contact information for the author(s)/producer(s) is readily available.
- The source of factual information contained within a document is clearly identified.
Overall site content/information criteria
- The site presents useful information in an accessible and clear format.
- Information at a specific link is more readily available there than elsewhere on the General Council website.
- United Church staff will, as time allows, check links occasionally to ensure they are still active and relevant.
The United Church of Canada reserves the right to base its decisions on any additional criteria that it considers relevant at the time.